Good Copywriting = Persuasion!
Anytime a client hires me to write some kind of marketing piece, whether online or offline, the purpose is to write to persuade their prospective customer to take ACTION … specifically, to convince them to BUY my client’s products right now in the case of direct marketing.
A branding campaign simply requires kick ass concepts, written with flair and that sticks in the minds of the readers/viewers like glue to paper. So that when they’re in the market for a product like my client’s … it’ll be their only choice. Branding can only be done for BIGGER name companies because the intended result is not an immediate purchase.
Copywriting for direct mail and direct response must be SO good that it connects with my client’s prospects in such a way they feel I am talking directly to them. The pain that I address is their pain and the solution to their problem is what I am offering.
So, to the extent that I ‘connect’ with the reader (assuming it’s the right target market) – to that extent I’ll be successful in getting the response I’m asking for, like these …
- If I want readers to call for more information … they will.
- If I want them to click on an Adwords ad, they will.
- If I want them to do ONE thing, the Adwords ad will link to a landing page that asks them to take a specific action. And they will.
- If I’m writing web content, it’s clear and concise and solves their problems.
- If I write an email campaign (7 – 10 touches), it is laser-focused and gets results.
- If I write a video script, it’s convincing and has a prominent call-to-action (CTA).
- If I write a direct mail letter (snail mail), I make sure folks can’t wait to rip it open, read it and respond — by sending my client money. (Something lumpy inside an irregular-shaped envelope insists on being opened.)
- If I write a ‘kick ass’ offer sent to the right audience, with 100% guarantee, we’ll get a good response.
- If I write in a way readers can tell I am genuine and sincere and solve their problem or alleviate their pain, they’ll respond.
CAVEAT: We all know that nothing appeals to everyone, everywhere all the time. There will be people, who do not accept your offer. But, IF there is a market segment interested in your product or service and IF you have a good offer … I will connect with your audience in a way that makes them feel respected (no hype). And I will present you, your business and your product or service in a credible (yet interesting) way — and make you money.
Copywriting is writing that persuades. Copywriting can motivate, inspire and SELL. Good copy will really connect with your prospects in ways they can feel. And, if they want what you’ve got … you’ll need a good copywriter to present you, your business and your product in a way that causes the prospect to say, “I must have that right now. Where do I order?
I’d love to be that copywriter to represent your business.