As web site owners, are you still throwing out bait for the millions of little fish, hoping they’ll bite?
For your lead generation efforts, are you still hoping and praying that a measely 1 – 2% (if that) of ALL the people in your list will eventually buy something from you?
Online marketing is in a constant state of flux — always evolving. So, business owners must stay ahead of the curve and change marketing directions when one method of fishing no longer works.
We’re all tired of giving our email address to get a free report because we know we’ll be bombarded with emails for the rest of our lives, trying to sell us something, right?
Folks, they do NOT trust you. How could they — they don’t even know you, yet!
Chances are excellent that the majority of people ONLY wanted the freebie … they did NOT want to subscribe to your list or newsletter. I’m sorry, but that’s how it is!
With the proliferation of web sites, there are millions of marketers out there, trying to ‘convince the little fish’ to take their bait!
Why settle for begging the little fish to allow you to annoy them when you can get the BIG fish to ask you to help them with their problem?
Do you see the difference?
The first way is groveling. Not too sophisticated, is it? To say nothing of how ineffective it is!
The second way is very sophisticated. It doesn’t insult anyone’s intelligence. And believe me, if you want to reel-in the customer, with the MOST money to spend, you must be dignified with your marketing.
5 Things Web Site Owners Must Do In Their Marketing:
1. Define WHO you can genuinely help to solve a big problem or get more customers.
2. Only talk to those, who have the money to gladly buy what you have to offer.
3. Ensure your product/service will give your customer more value than it cost them to buy.
4. Talk to them in a way they can genuinely feel. Let them get to know and trust you as the expert, who can really help them.
5. Allow them to ‘ask’ you for your help to solve their problem or get more customers. And, very often, their biggest problem is HOW to get more customers!
Do you see how different this approach is from the former one? The ole ‘free report’ in exchange for email addresses still works, btw. But you have to work MUCH harder to convert them.
You’ll have fewer fish to sell to, with my “Miracle Marketing” technique, but they’ll be hungry for just what you’ve got to offer and be able to see it’s what they need. And they’ll have the money to purchase … right now.
Here’s to Lazy Fishing!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment